Friday, July 30, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
the over achiever. Is it really "over-achieving" when you are so talented that you can do anything? These are petite-fours- round ones, with little butterflies dancing on top of them. Made by my sister for a picnic on the ground after the wedding rehearsal. There were boxed dinners- with chicken salad croisssants, a spring mix salad, chips, grapes and then these lovely cakes. All packaged in these elegant boxes with the happy couple's names, the wedding date and a daisy. Amazing. She missed her calling as a caterer. My sister, Laurie, can and does do everything. Right now she is sitting on my couch sewing tiny hexagons together to make a Grandmother's flower garden quilt. After she swept the three main rooms downstairs. See? Practical and artistic. She's a one-woman-wonder and I'm glad she's my sister.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Sunday, July 04, 2010
- The week with Lisa here just flew by. I had a stress test on Monday- thought I did rather well. Still no word, yet, but I expect no problems.
- Then we took the kids swimming at Sandy's pool. They had a blast, even with the weather turning unseasonably cool.
- I stitched a few hand towels for Lisa. I feel guilty saying I had anything to do with it as that machine drives all by itself.
- We had a girls' night out and ate Mexican and watched the new Twilight movie.
- The cousins came by for a visit a couple times- since they are in town for a month or so. Amaneta likes to style the girls' hair and I found the sweetest little boy sleeping in my bed. Andrew is a very darlin two. He loves all things cars.
- The boys enjoyed their week at camp. They came home nicely tanned.
- I got a little wallhanging mosty done and a couple small things quilted- still need to bind. Story of my quiting life!
- No plans for fire works. Paul made a homemade smoke bomb- I didn't ask how and he didn't volunteer. The kids think it is all rather fun.