Friday, April 26, 2019

Time to ponder...

After I get a quilt on the frame, it's time to ponder.  I have an easy chair that  faces the quilt and I think.  What design should I quilt?  Sometimes it takes me a couple hours and sometimes it takes me a couple days- or even longer.  I'm almost decided on this one.  My mom did the piecing and my brother, Craig, choose it as his.  Those borders are a bit of a stumper...  I rarely put a border on my quilts.  But it's an effective way to grow a quilt to the desired size. It makes knowing what to do in them just a bit more of a challenge. What to do... what to do... I think I'm going to quilt the bulk of the quilt in biggish chrysanthemums.  But the borders...  and there are three of them.  All different?  All the same as an overall pattern?  hmmmmm 

1 comment:

Panto Pam said...

I'm sure your brother will love it whatever you decide to do! I'm a get it done type of quilter and would put an edge to edge design on it. The one you've chosen for the middle sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see what you decide!