Friday, November 30, 2018



Strip bins...

Don't say you haven't felt this way when you opened your strip bin and started sewing.  Strip after strip and the bin never empties.  I think there's a story like that in the Bible.  Only she had flour and oil.  I'd be ok with that.  Never running out of food is a good thing. Now that I think of it, never running out of fabric would be pretty cool, too.  But I just really wanted to see the bottom of that bin.  One bin. I made three queen, one twin and one throw sized quilt from that one bin.  I no longer keep a bin of miscellaneous sized strips.  If it doesn't fit in the 2, 2.5, 3" bins then it just has to go away.  You have to draw the line somewhere.


This picture was taken last year and I got such a laugh out of it.  After the Christmas season is a tough time for me.  I love the holidays, but last year I was swamped with work and then I had a hard time winding down.  Thus the sewing frenzy.  I'm determined to pace myself this year.  I even have a list for the calendar, things to do during the months of December and January.  Because of our crazy working schedule during December, we decided to drag out the holidays through the month of January.  Taking it easy and slow.  This is supposed to be fun, right?  Sewing wise, I'm not sure where I'm going.  I think a few more place mat bags for the kids... I have a blank spot of the bathroom wall that could use a Christmas wall hanging... Bekah wants a skirt sewn onto the bottom of a pair of overalls... I still have that shirt to sew for Jacob... Not hurting for possible projects. Hoping you're all happily stitching along.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the place mat bags for the kids. Can you show a picture and explain more what that is? (and I have been having to comment as anonymous on blogs I follow as Google is not accepting my sign in lately for some reason. and I don't know how to correct it) carol in texas

Nines said...

Hi Carol. If you scroll down just a few posts, you'll see a tutorial for the placemats bags. Hope that helps! Merry Christmas!