Wednesday, November 21, 2018

 Pie making day in the USA


Let's be facing it, Thanksgiving is another reason to be thankful for pie.  I just had to share this pie crust recipe with my friends- it's too good to keep all to myself.  If you did your pie making yesterday, you can always save this recipe for Christmas. 

One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it doesn't involve a rolling pin.  There's no cutting in of shortening or butter. If I were a neater cook, there would be no floury counter top to clean. It seems too easy. The taste and texture is amazing and to be honest, I prefer the taste and texture of this pie crust over any that I've ever had.  So here goes:


Pie Crust
  • 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 Tablespoons of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of oil
  • 3 1/2 Tablespoons of milk. 
That's it!


Mix the dry ingredients in the pie pan with a fork.  Whisk the milk in with the oil.  Pour over the flour mixture.



 Stir flour mixture and oil mixture together with a fork. It takes a little bit of time to get the flour completely incorporated, but trust me it will work.  All of the flour will pull away from the edges of the pan.



 Smash the dough out on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.  Tada!  You have a pie crust!  I'm so excited for you!  I didn't crimp this one, but then Bekah got involved and we went the extra mile and made the next few all fancy like.



If you want to make a pudding type pie, just bake at 425* for 15 minutes or until golden.  Otherwise, just fill the pie as usual.  You can't make a double crust pie with this recipe, but then I've been putting a crumb crust on the top of my fruit pies and that's simple, too.  This recipe works great for quiche and meat pies- just leave out the sugar.  I hope you all have a peaceful and blessed Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

julieQ said...

Thank you dear friend! I will try this one!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Angie said...

This is a genius pie crust!! Thanks so much for the recipe. I'm definitely going to make this one. Happy Thanksgiving!

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, makes it so much easier.

split_rock said...

Thanks! I've never made pie crusts myself because I hate the rolling out part! I will definitely have to try this one. Hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving!