Thursday, November 03, 2005


Another quilt for Tonya...
I found this one at a thrift shop for $4.99. It was a "bit" worn, mostly where it had been folded, and the pummies were popping out in places. It just breaks my heart to see an unloved quilt and the maternal instinct in me wants to take all the little orphans home. So what if they aren't perfect? Who of us are? And I admit to having a certain weakness for the really ugly ones. What's the saying? "Having a face only a mother could love." Now, I thought this quilt was charming- not at all ugly and worthy of being donated to charity. But I'm glad they did. While it isn't precisely pieced, it is all by hand and hand quilted. Not a bad buy! It is light and cheerful and makes a nice spring quilt.

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Oh I think it's lovely. Soft and warm. Thank you for giving it a home - all quilts should be so lucky as to find someone who loves them.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I think this quilt is lovely! I think the worn ones are the best - because they were used and loved! (or at least I like to think they were)!