I was thinking about calling this, "Friends and Allies" but really the whole "partners in crime" scene seems more appropriate. From left to right, Walleed, Tanya, and Sharon. We all went to LaPorte, Indiana, for The Gathering- a quilt show. It was a one day show and I think we did great. Here, you can see our booth- or half of it anyway. See those libraries of fat quarters back there? I am pretty sure they weigh a ton each. But it's a great way to bring a lot of variety to a show. We also have a table weighed down with 2 and 1 yard cuts. And lots of books and fun stuff. (Aunt Isobel- if you are still looking for that add a 1/4" ruler, I can pop that in the mail to you along with some flour.) We had 2 vans weighed down and it is something like a clown show to see us unload it- people are amazed at how much we can cram in there. Tanya has a gift that way. The show itself only lasted 6 hours and I didn't meet a single person who wasn't just a jewel. I love meeting new people and we didn't have a breather the whole time. Now that's a great show.
Some of you may have noticed that I have bee a bit scarce in blogland... I have several good, and well-rehearsed, reasons.
- I've been sick, off and on, since the middle of February. Nothing major. Just makes it hard to concentrate.
- Dh has been hoggin the 'puter. Yes, we have 2, but only one handles my camera. And I hate to post without a picture. It's like making a cold call. When you have a picture you can chit-chat about that for a few minutes and then get down to business. He is a sweetheart and always offers to let me get on, but then, I hate to get all wrapped up on the computer during the few hours he's home in a day, ya know? Yes, I should get my blogging done while he's at work, but then I'm working...
- I'm planning a big trip- just moi, the last week of May and I am trying to get ahead of the quilting. You know, it's rather rude of you to bust out laughing when I am sharing my deepest hopes and aspirations... Actually, I have only one more quilt top in the hopper that doesn't belong to me or my Mom. I know for a fact, though, that several more are winging their way to Prairie Quilt-land and will need to be done before I leave. And thank you for asking. I am going to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, and to Crater Lake, Oregon.
- I have a one-track mind. Yes, I can multi-task. As long as the tasks are mindless. But if it involves using the gray matter between my ears... I just can't go there. I have been getting my bb's adjusted- now you can laugh, and I find it hard to concentrate on anything else, intellectually.
- It's spring! The warm weather is drawing me outdoors. I can't let myself get all wrapped up in gardening- cause it's bound to freeze again, but... I'm dreaming. and distracted.
Now I think I need some of those mental clarity herbs I've been hearing so much about.