Saturday, December 17, 2005

Friends...
aren't they nice? We had a very pleasant lunch together- too short, too short!! But it was such an unexpected surprise for just the chance to see each other so I'll take it and try not to whine about the brevity of our time. I ate too much shrimp. What's new? I was able to hand-deliver her quilt to her and a couple little gifts. I'll post a picture, next, maybe. The kids got a little visit in, also. We are planning a tiny retreat of our own in June for our birthdays- Sarah's mom volunteered to watch a couple kiddos. Brave woman, that. Sarah's DH told us how to change a water pump in a toyota truck- I must say, I am fascinated by all things mechanical, and thought he should blog about it- it was a funny story with a happy ending. Who couldn't use one of those? Sarah told how she wore a complete stranger's less than clean pants to her Grandma's funeral- come on, DSarah, it was funny. We just had a really good visit.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

So nice to see a picture of you all!! Lovely girls! ANd I see also that you have had a lot of fun together!It is so good to have a special friend.

Granny said...

Such nice smiles! Glad you two got to spend some time together.

Judy L.

Darcie said...

I'm so happy for all of you beautiful ladies, young and younger! It brought tears of joy to my eyes.

And...is that the scarf that you were knitting at 3 am? No matter. It looks terrific on you!

You're so pretty! Will you think about using that photo for your profile...pleeeeeeease???????

;-)