Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Paul's Feast...
Isn't this a funny picture? DS Paul had pulled up a patch of moss and other flora from the bank of his Grandfather's creek when we were there a couple years ago. He called it his coonskin hat! Paul(10) had his feast, Saturday night. He was celebrating his, finally, finishing the fifth Harry Potter book. If you know anything about those books, you know they each weigh about the same as a small child. He was pretty thrilled, and when he invited his "guests" into the feast, he says, "Come in and wreak havoc!" They have a lot of experience doing that. He had 13 orders of chicken sticks from the local Chinese restaurant for his appetizer. He had even made Butter Beer- apparently, from the book, and the kids weren't too sure they wanted to drink anything that had butter in it, but they were good sports, and everybody tried it. Then they moved onto the Mountain Dew Pitch Black. Need I say they were all hyper by meal's end? He had chicken Parmesan and corn and bread sticks. Then he made rice-crispy treats with chocolate rice and fruity rice. It was carbohydrate heaven. Paul never does anything halfway. He gave the other children Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans aka Jelly Bellies. Just looking at everything that he made makes me feel woozy from diabetic shock! But the kids didn't seem to mind- fact is, they thought it was all rather tasty. Well, it is a once in a year event, right?

I have been knitting up a blue streak- as much as I can with the gimp finger and I am really not a knitter- how do you fix mistakes- and I make many? So I usually stick to crocheting, but I have been using that eyelash yarn, and it is impossible to see the stitches, so knitting it is. Haven't made too many mistakes, ok, maybe I have, but with that yarn, you can't tell. I made myself a scarf- that was the practice run. then I knitted one for each of my girls. Now I am working on another one. They go pretty fast. I have been watching movies late at night as I work on them. Return to Me, Fools Rush In, The Librarian and Cinderella Man were all good. The Wedding Date and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind were both lousy- to the point of being painful- each for completely different reasons. Just to let you know. Well, I'm off.

3 comments:

Finn said...

Love the feast...have decided I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay too old for a diet of that type tho..LOL

I think my grandsons would relish every second of it..*VBG* Thanks for sharing

Quilts And Pieces said...

These feasts sound like so much fun! I want to come to one! Maybe all of them! You have way too much energy to do this with each one, but what great memories they are! I love this idea!

Darcie said...

What a fungi!!! Fun guy, get it? Or isn't that what moss it? Oh well...I tried!