I finally feel like I've caught up on my sleep. We have never changed to this daylight-savings thing, and now that we are stepping up with the rest of the country, I miss that extra hour in the morning! Then, the Chicago quilt show got me up very early and kept me out very late... But this morning I woke up feeling pretty much myself again- didn't hurt that the sun was shining and the weather, warm. Supposed to be thunderstorms and maybe tornadoes, later. Figures.
- I put two more rows onto Sarah's quillt for our quilt challenge. 6 down and 7 to go. Almost halfway there. I am wanting to get all of the top finished before I go to Florida in a few weeks- that way I'll only have to quilt and bind it when I get home.
- I should have worked on the two flower girl dresses that I cut out, yesterday, but I didn't. I still need to cut out the lining- acetate- read that, slick as snot and I am not looking forward to it sliding all over the place. Plus, I have two and a half more weeks until they need to get done. All the time in the world, right?
- Worked a while on binding a quilt for a graduating college student. I have two weeks to finish that, so it shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, I tried something new. I have heard other people talk about sewing binding on with a quilting machine. Haven't a clue how one would do such a thing. Tried it anyhow... very wavy binding. Oh well, I figure it'll do. Then I realized that I cut a corner off that same binding when I was trimming the quilt- something I usually do before I bind. Oh well, if I pull it tight, I can bridge the gap. More waves.
- Made a huge dinner and now I am feelin' ill that I ate so much. Sometimes you need to do that- just so you'll remember how lousy it feels. And you won't do it again any time soon.
- I worked on my "bones" quilt. Now that was fun- in a dysfunctional kinda way. I had all of the letters for the words together. Even had two of the borders of words together. Then, I know I worked longer on one word than I did the entire sentence. It was a 4-letter word. YOUR. Now doesn't that look simple? But I wanted to bend it around the bottom left-hand corner... and that's backwards to my way of thinking. Ugh! I finally got it put together in such a way as I can live with it, not thrilled, but I'm more than willing to settle at this point. I thought I was going to be able to finish all the borders and maybe even put them on. Should have known that today was not a day to finish things. I ran out of Kona black. I have used scads of the stuff. And I am so closed to being "finished!" Ah well.
- Wanted to take a picture of it to blog, but I am all out of batteries. Been that kinda day. Close to being perfect, just not quite.
- The picture above is of Wonder Wallets, by Lazygirl. I like her patterns. This little wallet has four pockets and will hold folding money, change, business cards and credit cards. Perfect to put in a jacket pocket when you don't want to carry your purse. A fat quarter makes two. The top one is, of course, Sarah's. They are supposed to have buttons sewn onto the front flap... but I couldn't find my button box... See? Been that kinda day. Funny.