Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Just a "little" something...

to tide me over 'til I get home. I took a "little" class at the quiltshop, last night. Aren't these "little" shirts the sweetest
"little" things? They are made entirely by folding the fabric- origami...hmmm.... how to spell origami.... oh, well, you know what I mean, right? I believe this pattern is called Aloha shirts. Typically they are set 3x3, so there are 9 shirts in all in a "little" wallhanging. I have been working on even "little-er" ones to incorporate into postcards. They were a lot of fun to make- once you got the hang of it. Tanya looks up from the ironing board and says, with a "deer in the headlights" look on her face, "This is kind of tedious, isn't it?" But once we figured out the pattern, it really was a lot of fun. Well, I'm off to work. Tanya has a dental appointment at 1:00 so if you stop in around then, I might could set you up pretty with some fabric or such.

5 comments:

Isobel said...

Wish I could stop in but that is a litte far away. What a cute little thing--makes me want to go back to Hawaii.

teelduo said...

They are cute but too small for me to wear. BAHAHAHAHAHA

Shelina said...

That shirt is really adorable. I've been playing with origami too, but I think cloth is harder to work with than paper.

KatyaR said...

I just bought a quilting magazine that had a pattern for a wall quilt just like that with kimonos made from oriental fabric--it was gorgeous!

Darcie said...

Tooooo cute!!! Let's see...it takes about 12 hours for me to get to Chicago...2 hours to *get through* Chicago...oh...oh darn. Will you be working another day?!?