Sunday, September 17, 2006

Posted by Picasa Psychodelic dude...

This quilt top was made by my cousin's 16y old son for his girl friend's birthday. (You have to know my cousin, Grant. He is adorable- with a 12" blonde afro. Completely natural. He had his driver's license picture taken in a tie-dyed shirt.) This quilt top is wholecloth- measuring 60x90". He tie-dyed it and I quilted it for him. I think it was such a cool idea. I am hoping I can talk him into making me a smaller version- maybe 45x45", which I could put a fun border on. Blogger is giving me grief, this afternoon. I had to go around the barn to get to the front door!! So there is a picture following this post of the backside of the quilt. I didn't have a lot of time to get it quilted- one afternoon, so I kept it simple. Hope he likes it.

9 comments:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

WOW!!! Love the quilting too!!! Very, very cool match!

[As for blogger picture woes, join the club. I've been unable to even post a picture - it says it uploads, but doesn't and when lifted from photobucket blocks the whole site. Gave up, I did I did.]

Love, Mom

Silverthimble said...

The quilting is fabulous! Perfect for this project.

quiltpixie said...

wondrful quilt. You chose a geat pattern to compliment the quilt top. Too grovey

teelduo said...

I LIKE!!!

Sarah said...

You are too cool! I am sure Grant's girl will flip when she sees it. Is Beth going to put the binding on?

Love you!
Sarah

Melanie said...

One for the guy's team!!! I love this-- can't wait to show my daughter.
Melanie

Hedgehog said...

Far out! The quilting looks great!

Darcie said...

You and Grant are a perfect quilt-making team! WOW!!! Your machine quilting couldn't be more perfect!!! Love it!!!

Every 16 yo (and older...and younger) from here to Indiana is going to be begging for a quilt like this one, Nines!

Good luck with your *artist commission* from Grant. ;-) I'll want to see that one too!

Catherine said...

oooh, I want one!!