Monday, January 15, 2007

Dontcha think this gloomy day could use a little COLOR ????

Me, too. We need some color in our days. It has rained and rained and rained and in spite of having a potentially lovely view out my quilting room window, it hasn't done much to cheer me. Blah. But looking at these pictures makes me giggle. Goofy kids with their Xmas do-rags, being down-on-the-farm homeys. I was reading somebody's blog about having a hard time being at ease with themselves- especially in pictures- and I hope she stops by to see this! Aren't they being outrageous? But ya know? That's not how they act all the time, thankfully, but it sure is fun when they do! Just goofin' off and having a silly time. Sometimes I need to remind myself that it's OK to goof off and have fun. That I don't need to worry if I'll fail or if some one else will like what I am doing. Add a little color to my days by being silly and fun. I've been completely stymied, creatively, over the past week. Nothing has come out of me worth telling about. I've tried painting and sewing, browsing patterns, and fondling stash- which is always a great way to get the creative juices flowing, and yet, nope. All has been gloomy out there in my shop. Might be trying too hard. So I am going to goof off and be silly and if I don't end up being productive... well, so what? Here's hoping that you have a great day tomorrow- just silly and goofy and full of bright colors!





8 comments:

Sarah said...

I was just sitting here wishing for a new post from you! I did not realize that you had psychic powers! Today I got the baby quilt top together and even found a backing in my stash. I am hoping to quilt it tomorrow. Thanks for the picture of the family! Miss you!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

We've had constantly cloudy skies, too...but it's starting to snow now. Yeah! Love all that silliness!

Angie said...

Cute, cute pictures!!! Yea for COLOR!! :) Talk about creative...well, Nines, you did it!! ;)

quiltpixie said...

its hard to be creative with such gloomy weather. Hope the sun returns soon.

sewprimitive karen said...

That landscape scene may be somewhat atmospheric, but to one who misses Indiana, it looks like home.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Once again you show us what a WONDERFUL family you are raising! Speaks a lot about you I would say!

Isobel said...

Not a long comment Nines, I am quick running out of steam. Love those silly kids. That sky looked much like outs today--landscape similar also. I kept looking at the sky and trying to determine what colors I would need to paint it.

Darcie said...

Those are the best Christmas pictures I've ever seen! Had me laughing out loud!

Hugs to you!