I find myself in the middle of conflict. oh, nothing major. Just trying to figure out what direction to take on any given day concerning all the mundane things that need to be done. There are several little deadline projects and I am just trying to figure out what needs to be tackled, first. I think a priority list will help. Bill and I used to make lists of all the home improvement projects that needed to be accomplished. All of them. And then we would sit down and start to put them in order of importance. Like if it were winter time, insulating the house would probably get top billing while painting the trim could be put off. The problem is, the trim never gets painted, ya know? Sometimes you have to just grab something at the bottom of the list or you don't feel like you're accomplishing much. Here's my short list of things to do.
- Quilt Jonathan's graduation quilt
- Quilt Lindsay's graduation quilt
- Quilt J's house warming Minkee blankee
- Make Easter dresses for the girls
- Make doll dresses to match their Easter dresses
- Hang up the mountain of laundry on my dresser
- Put all of Bill's paper work that is on the piano in a tub- per his request
- Make Sarah's birthday quilt
- Make peanut butter easter eggs- a yearly tradition
- Do some serious cooking for Sunday
- Quilt A's quilt
- Clean the house
- Order quilting thread
- Call Bill home and get him to light the fire in the quilting room (self-starting ignitions don't work for this "self")
- More laundry
I can see where there are a few more crucial items on the list- Easter is Sunday, after all. The items in blue I have already gotten a start on.
So, what do you think of that batik backing? I just love it and think it is a great match for the blue quilt my Mom made. It is 110" wide, so no piecing! I liked it so much, that I decided to get some for A's quilt.