Tuesday, July 03, 2007


Mountain Hideaway...
This is the cabin we stayed in on our recent trip to Tennessee. (Top Of Townsend, Little Mountain Getaway.) It was quite a hike up those stairs- though, really, it might have been the BIG HILL before the stairs that get ya! Huff-huff-huff!! This was a 10 person cabin- with room to spare. That's a rare commodity with a big family. We had 7 cabins for our extended family- with a BIG HILL in between each! Kept the extra vacation pounds away. Especially where my family is concerned. They are great cooks and nobody knows how to make an average-sized portion. I got to wondering if the legs on the food table were going to be able to hold it all!
I'm off to work, today. Need to get backings for 4 different quilts- now doesn't that sound like progress? yes, indeedy. I still haven't sewn a stitch... but I will, as soon as I get my prairie legs back.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Awesome cabin --- beautiful family...

McIrish Annie said...

What a fabulous cabin!! is it available for rent? We have folks in Tennessee. would be a great place to meet!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Bless your sweet prairie legs...I'm looking for hillbilly legs myself. Love you so, Mama

atet said...

That cabin is great! I don't know if I would have wanted to leave!