Monday, July 28, 2008

Random Monday...

so how was your weekend? I can't complain about mine. It was a good one. It's always good if I get some sewing time in! I made these little pocket papers for Darcie and the girls. Gotta get them in the mail. The girls will be headed back to school in just a few weeks, I'm thinking. Some adorable notebooks will come in handy. I'll let them sort out who's who's. These are more of the paper peicing that I've been piddling with. On my "new" sewing machine. Works like a charm. John has commented that he can't even hear the thing running from his sewing station. I think I need one of those long tables like schools have - for sewing lessons! I could set up all my kids with a machine. Now that sounds like fun.



No, I don't have a shoe fetish...I think. I usually only wear my Birkenstocks. I have 5 pair. No, they aren't all frumpy- I have confessed to being "frump girl" but my Birkies are really cute. I have a leopard print one with orange roses, and a blue pair with brown roses, and even a red pair. I just want my feet to be comfy. But then my friend from Oregon spent the weekend and her shoes were just adorable and it got me to thinking... I've been wanting a pair of espedrilles... these are quite comfy, despite the 3.5" heel- and I think the trick to them being comfortable is the wedge heel- and I feel so girly!! They are a pretty peachy color and shot with gold. Very very girly. My husband did have a little panic moment when I walked out of the bedroom with them on- he didn't see them at first and he thought he'd shrunk! I'm his height with them on. I do have a thing for shorter guys. And I know you all will be commenting on my blue toenails. I love all the fun colors that are "in" today!! Purple, green, blue, chrome...I just love that! Who says you have to use red or pink?

And the doily I made for my girls. Their bedroom is pink and green. Julia gave me the pretty variegated thread- it was tiny(30 weight.) It wasn't half bad to work with, actually. I thought it would be much more difficult. I did have to wear my reading glasses, and it was an adjustment, but it went very well, and you can't imagine how delicate it is. And Amy, your pattern is in the mail. Every body have a great day!


5 comments:

teelduo said...

you know I am laughing at your shoes and the idea Bill thought he had shrunk. Love ya sista!

Darcie said...

Aaawww!!! Really?! For me and my girls?! You're the sweetest!!! I'm tickled already! Thank you!

I LOVE your shoes!!! I got some similar ones myself...well...basically the heels are the same. I have to admit...I don't even walk like a dork in them. You and Bill may have to go out on a night on the town with your fancy girly feet, hmm?!

Love you bushelfuls, Nines!

Julia said...

Love the shoes! Randy loves the way my legs look when I wear heels. But, I only wear them to church, I'm a flip flop girl. But, in the house I am barefoot all of the time! :~)

Love the doily, the smaller thread makes it look so delicate. I will get Mom over here tomorrow and show her this one. So nice to know that it has been put to good use.

Michele said...

Very cute shoes but could I please see the Birks? I love Birks. Gotta a really girly pair of those myself! :)

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Love that varigated thread in the doily; good pattern for it. Want to try some finer thread myself...noticed Laurie has several "cup/saucer mats" of very fine crochet in her tea cup displays.