Tuesday, August 19, 2008


My Fall-o-ween quilt colors- plus one block. I am trying to become more proficient at applique, and I'm learning as I go. I checked my perfectionism at the door and just forged through. Being a perfectionist can really squelch creativity. And who needs that? I am still trying to figure out how to get around curves. I'll get plenty of practice with the words, creepy and spooky! The pattern I'm using is from the American Patchwork and Quilting magazine(Linda Lum Debono,Oct 2008.) I couldn't resist the candy corn applique on it! It's a little on the small side- just a wallhanging, but I'm thinking I can add a few pumpkins and some more checkerboard and grow it to a throw size. There was a pattern in the mag that was more to my liking- plaid flying geese and big fat pumpkins in yummy earthy tones, but the kids won the vote and they are getting bright and bold. It'll be cheerful, for sure!

2 comments:

Donna said...

if the applique gets you down there's always fusing then machine stitching :-)

I love the fabrics you've collected for this quilt -- the orange with black cats looks fun...

Julia said...

Ooooooo, this is going to be cute!!
Can't wait to see it finished!