7 random facts for Julie:
- I love gummy bears, but gummy worms? ick, they make me gag.
- Hot, cold, pickled or plain, I love beets.
- St Jude Hospital commercials always make me cry.
- I love having my hair brushed- but that makes it spring out of control. Curly hair and brushing, not a good combination.
- I sew everyday except Sundays.
- I love sunshine- I could sit on the window ledge like a cat all day, as long as the sun is shining.
- I have too much stuff! Anybody want some?
This quilt was made by my Aunt Isobel. I love it because it reminds me of something my Grandma- and great grandma- would do. She made the top out of wools, corderoy(sp?), suiting and denim. I found a very nice wool blanket at the thrift shop for $3 so that is the batting and an old- but still very functional- sheet for the backing. The binding is leftovers from another quilt and I even used up all my little extra bits of bobbin thread . I meadered in candy apple red and it turned out so pretty with the extra push(loft) the wool blanket gave it. It does weigh a ton, but ds Daniel is always cold so he grabbed it right up when I suggested he could have it. A very thrifty utility quilt- that is too pretty for it's own good.