Friday, April 03, 2009





Eye candy...
Bill is always laughing at me because I need to make regular trips back to the quilting room to visit and stroke my little collection of fabrics. There really isn't anything comparable to that, in his life. I just love the way they look and feel. These are some new batiks that I had to buy, today. At $6 a yard, I couldn't just leave them there, they had to come home with me!
Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. Just feeling a bit retiring. I had a little surgery and it went very well- like I had a rubberband around my esophogus- and they blew it to smithereens and now I swallow so much easier. I've been doing a little spring cleaning- trying to get the dust levels down and the cobwebs under control- or at least a reasonable amount. I find that cleaning isn't my favorite thing to do, but if I can rearrange the furniture- it seems a lot more fun. I still have a long way to go and that's OK because Spring is creeping in and giving me a little more time. I'm trying to focus on one room a day.
I haven't been sewing any. Just admiring the stash and walking away. Seems like I sew and quilt in spurts. Hard and heavy for a while and then off for a while. I don't mind that. It seems to work for me. I am plenty productive enough to feel no pressure when I just... sit and day dream.
Joe and Laurie's wedding day has been set for October 10 and I am very happy with how their plans are coming together. Laurie's mom is a wonder and everyone should have a wedding planner like her. Shew, I am glad that I have 5 sons in a row before the girls start down that aisle.
Well, that's all the news that's fit to print! Probably more than! Hope everyone is enjoying whatever it is that you're up to!


10 comments:

Isobel said...

Love the fabric. I know what you mean about special fabrics. I am going to physical therapy 3x a week and I always plan to make a few more crumb blocks or a another paper pieced block when I get home but somehow all my energy and enthusiasm evaporates by the time we get home. Alex's wedding is coming up about 6 weeks. They have some beautiful things ready for the wedding.

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

I COME HERE EVERY DAY ...AND TODAY I FOUND DESSERT!! YUM YUM YUM! Wish I were there to help you clean. REALLY! XOXOXOXOXO

Sarah said...

Love the batiks! I am sure you will make them into something even more beautiful!

Glad you surgery went well and you are feeling better. Swallowing is kinda important!

Miss you and love you!

Julia said...

I am so thankful that your surgery went well. Was it painful? I sure hope not. You are too sweet to have any pain. :~)

Love the eye candy!! I did some spring cleaning/moving furniture too!

julieQ said...

Hope you are feeling very well...and I love to just go and see my little stash too!

Donna said...

You got company coming!! I know you're thrilled.

We'll see if I'm a "wonder" after these dresses get done. I forgot how back-breaking it is to pin and cut a large pattern. Took me 8 Advils to get through the first one. And a Laurie back rub. Love you!!

YankeeQuilter said...

Oh dear, glad the surgery went Ok. It takes a long time for the body to heal so give it time. I'm with you on the wedding planning stuff - my Dad took care of all of mine!

Julie in the Barn said...

I've been gone for awhile and I fretted about missing your posts. But, now I learn you have been out on sick leave! Hope you are fully recovered soon and the sweet little ones, too. I'll keep checking for news about the big wedding plans. Happy Spring, Nines.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Glad your feeling ok and that the surgery went well. My big date is Oct 24 for Holly's wedding - you are so right, boys have to be easier than girls for weddings!

Darcie said...

My sweet Nines! You've been ill? And had to have surgery?! I'm all lost and out of the loop. I'm so grateful that you're feeling well now!

Lots of hugs coming your way!!!