Friday, August 07, 2009


Umpfffff....
that's me landing back in Indiana. We had such a lovely time in Alabama, as we always do. My Mom and I had the honor and pleasure of making the bride's dress- such sweet memories that will be for us. It turned out just beautiful, if I do say so myself. Of course, Laurie would look beautiful in sackcloth, much less yards of satin and organza. Not a spot of lace and that is very her. I wish I could share pictures with you, but that will have to wait until after the big day. My Mom cried when she saw Laurie in the dress and they were tears of joy.
My sweet William and I are planning another trip to Alabama, this weekend. Joe and Laurie have an itty bitty little trailer that they will living in after the vows and it needs some tender loving care. Bill is switching out the hot water heater and I am hoping to get a coat or two of paint on the cupboards. I love how they are starting so humbly and are still so thankful of such small pleasures. They are just adorable. So next time you see me just ignore the white paint in my hair, I've been painting cupboards...

3 comments:

Darcie said...

What a fun home improvement project to work on and share with the loving young couple! I know you and Bill will enjoy every moment spent with Joe and Laurie. ;-)

I can hardly wait to see pictures of Laurie in her dress! She's truly a gem...asking her future Mom in law and Grandmom in law to sew her dress. God's blessings indeed!

Love you, sweet friend!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, can you show the little trailer!

Isobel said...

Starting humbly makes for great memories and really makes you appreciate upgrades that follow. Our first apartment really needed some tender loving care but I had no one to come give it so we just put up with it for about a year before we moved on.