Saturday, December 19, 2009


Abraham's feast...
Most of you already know Abe- but let me introduce him to the rest of you. He's 6 and a typical 6. In so many ways. He loves to be read to- he will sit and listen for hours if I could read that long. He loves to run around the house on all fours and swordplay is one of his favorite things to do- he looks really cool brandishing his sword of pvc piping. A Nerf Sword is on his Xmas wish list. He is very sweet and loving-gives lots of kisses and hugs and snuggles. His sisters insist that he sleep with them on the nights that are especially cold- according to them he is a "heater." He usually gives in but sometimes he puts his foot down and they are stuck on their own. And yes, he has a shiner and a tooth missing. Adorable. That's Abe. Adorable Abe.
His feast was a "Feliz Navidad." We rehung the red chili pepper lights- Abe's favorite color is red. He had lots and lots of candles- Dad and I were nervous the whole meal. He had fresh pineapple and oranges for his appetitzer. And then he had a mexican meal of tacos and nachos- of which we have leftovers- still cooking for two more guys. We bought bottles of Mexican pop for his drink- the kids always like it when they get their own bottle. The pop was red. Of course. His dessert was a white cake with chocolate icing. About a third of the way through frosting the cake, he asks for me to finish it for him because, "I'm not an expert at everything." He had a few holes in his cake, but nobody minded. His gift we found at the dollar store. They are squishy balls that are covered in a net- when you squeeze them they bulge out grotesquely. The kids love 'em. Bill read Psalm 103- about the gift God gave/gives to us and how great is His love towards us.
Now we are having a bit of snow- like powdered sugar sifting down from the sky- beautiful.

3 comments:

KelliLee said...

I just adore your kids. Little super-hero farmer boy Abe... what a cutie. So far I've seriously wished to be at every single feast... Tell the kids that they have all sounded super-delectable-outrageously-fabulous!

Darcie said...

Six?! 6?! When did that happen? Last time I checked, Abe was still a Babe. Oh my...time flies.

I'm going to have Feliz Navidad stuck in my head the rest of the day. ;-) Sounded like a joyful evening at the K home, once again.

"I wanna with you a Merry Christmas...from the bottom of my hea-ahrt."

Darcie said...

Ooopth. Thoundths like I'm lithping, doethn't it?

I wanna *WISH* you a Merry Christmas....

;-)