Forgot how to upload a picture on the newer computer. Tried for a while and then gave up. It's just a little thing. Like my brain, these days. I used to be able to remember things that take more than 2 steps. Little things really,
- I have a toilet paper dispenser! First time in 10 years. What joy fills my heart- when I need it, it's right where it should be- not a mile away on the other side of the whirlpool. Never have been able to figure out the culprit. But having the toilet paper where it should be... a very pleasant little thing.
- Had a couple little "lesions" removed this morning. One smack in the middle of my forehead, the other on my back. They were really quite small. Getting them off has made me such a happy camper- euphoric almost. On a body covered from head to foot with freckles and moles- what's the loss of a couple, I ask you? I did mention it was smack in the middle of my forehead, didn't I? Now I have a little round bandaid in it's place- Bekah thinks that might be embarrassing. Dad says I look the part of a major Asian religion... it's the little things.
- Sugar-free vanilla syrup. Who knew they could bottle the nectar of the gods? A scant teaspoon in my Coke Zero... Yummo. If Bekah is making it, then I get several liberal splashes because if a little bit is good- wouldn't a lot be gooder? Not so. A little bit is perfect.
- I get almost daily phone calls from my little nephew- I will continue to call him that even when he outgrows me- which will be in just a few short years, I'd guess. We chat for just a little bit- What was his blood sugar and what was mine(we get competitive) and are we changing insertion sets at the same time and can we snugger Grandmother into making us one of those nifty insulin pump belts that stay put? Just chatting about the little things in our life and glad that diabetes doesn't have to be a big thing all the time.
- Starlings. Isn't that a lovely name for a bird? But if you live in the country or on a farm you know what a nuisance such a small thing can be. They've built a nest in my roof and their babies are very vocal- unlike my little angels who never made a peep. (Revisionist history is such a wonderful thing.) But I haven't the heart to destroy them- they are God's creatures, afterall. So when the little things fly the coop I have a young man who is willing and able to board up their roost. Just a little piece of wood will bring peace and quiet once more.
- Been sewing on some "Little Bits" patterns- paper piecing. What fun is that? Right now I am making tulips from the Think Spring pattern. They are about the size of my thumb. That's pretty little. Using tiny little scraps of batik- of course.
Well, that's all the little news fit to print. Hope you're having a great week!