Monday, May 31, 2010


A quick finish...
This is what I did one day last week. I got the idea for the house and all from a magazine- I enlarged it- seems like I always make things bigger- even when I'm trying to go small. What do you expect from a mother of eight? (The colors/fabric I got at The Back Door quilt shop in Greenwood Indiana- a new favorite. They have tons of finished projects- and fabrics are everywhere- of every type from civil war repros to batiks. Yes, it is my happy-happy place.) Mom asked who I was going to give it to as the colors are quite a bit off my typical. The slate grey is one of my hand-dyed fabs. But I still like it and might keep it- at least for a while, until I find a better home for it.

3 comments:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

This is just so sweet - I love the tones.

Sarah said...

Very cute! Looks kinda like your house on the prairie.

Guess where we spent Friday night and were supposed to spend Saturday and Sunday night. Oak Mountain state park. Camping for Joey's birthday. We had a tent - the Wallers and the Wrights had campers. Think lots of rain and thunderstorms. Mom and Dad decided to leave Saturday morning to drive to NC to check on my grandma - so we all packed up and headed home. Wished you were just around the corner in one of the cabins!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend with your Bama kids!

Love you!

Darcie said...

That's sweet, Nines! I love the greys and overall neutral feel of the quilt. So how big is it?

Love and hugs....