Monday, August 30, 2010

More scrappy blocks...

I love this blue block. Yes, I know, I don't usually "do" blue. But this scrappy one I love. Can't say why, just do. I am having fun going through the "Around the Block" by Judy Hopkins... just picking out 12" blocks and trying the pattern- correcting some. (Sorry Judy- but, honestly, the only mistakes I have found after making about 75 different blocks are the quantity of pieces- and if you look at the pictures, you can figure that out.) I think this block would be great set with other blocks just like it in the same colors. I do like a blue and white quilt.

I have two more blocks to go and then I will have enough to sit in the closet(Not me silly, the blocks!)...until I get around to setting them. Need a medalliaon for the middle of the quilt. And I also need setting fabric- plenty, as I plan on setting the blocks on point... after coping strips. I've been using only scraps from the scrap drawer- lots of fun to use up some of the surplus.

Have any big plans for the week? My friend, Kathy, is coming over with a quilt for me to quilt- haven't quilted in nearly a month so this should be fun. Hope I haven't lost whatever I had. Really need to clean the quilting room- it has fallen into a state of confusion while I have been playing. That's life. I think the second apple tree is ready to give up her fruit and apple sauce is ready to be made. And then I plan on visiting my friend Sandy. Can hardly wait. Hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

julieQ said...

I love your blue block too!! Gorgeous for sure. I am off three days, so my plans are to CLEAN! and sew a little too. Hope you have a great week!

Isobel said...

You people put me to shame turning out block after block. I should get myself in gear but it is hard.

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

The blue block is very very pretty. And I think you're right about blue and white...I've almost reached the stage that I only want white in a blue or red quilt...now why is that?

Have a fun week. Wish I were there to help in the quilting room.

teelduo said...

You know I LOVE IT!