Monday, November 15, 2010

Update...

My sister says she needs to see an update here. I was wondering how long I could get by without posting before she started nagging. But she only nags because she loves me.

I haven't been well. Trying to get some meds adjusted so that I can feel more normal. Normal-a tall order, my sister would say. I really would settle for anything in the general vacinity of normal. I can see improvements in some areas, but on the whole, I'm still pretty miserable. I'm hunkering down and just trying to weather it out. These things take time. That's what sweet William keeps telling me, but I'm so impatient to get back to my life. Like it's slipping through my fingers. My days involve reading a little, watching Hulu, avoiding the phone like it's the plague- I'm just not up to casual conversation, and not a single lick of sewing. Maybe it's the lack of sewing that has me so distressed, huh? I've wandered out there a time or two and I still feel a familiar fondness for the colors and textures, but no strength to do anything but turn away from it. Yeah, it's sad and it's getting me down. Basically, it's a waiting game. Increase this med and we'll see you in two weeks. That didn't work? Well, let's try this and we'll see you in two weeks. So this is my life- in two week intervals.

Son, John, drew that picture with one of his Etch-A-Sketches. He is so good at that. I have some of the sweetest, most talented, kids on the planet. I'm not bragging, I'm just stating fact.

10 comments:

teelduo said...

NAG NAG NAG~

I knew you weren't telling me everything! As soon as I can, I will come down and cheer you up! Make you laugh until you cry and feed you lots of chinese and McD's sweet tea cause that's what sisters are for!!!!!!! LOVE YOU DEAR!

Donna said...

you are constantly on my mind and in my heart. Love you sister

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

I think those sweetest, most talented kids have a sweetest most talented mama. Sorry about those two week stretches - can almost imagine how taxing that would be on your creative soul. Love you so, Mama

Sarah said...

Well if I had known that all it took was a little nagging - I would have done that weeks ago. Wish I could do something to make you feel better.

Love you!

Isobel said...

I sort of figured that if you hadn't posted there was a logical reason. I am so sorry that you don't feel like even sewing. I can commiserate with you on that level. At least I am able to sew now. I surely hope that they find the meds that work. Love you, sweetie.

Unknown said...

So sorry you're having such a grotty time on the health front at the moment - such a pain having to try things and then give them time to check the effect - hope they get it sorted out soon - don't be hard on yourself, just take care and indulge yourself, the sewing will come back into focus in time (((hugs)))

julieQ said...

I sure hope you feel much better, much sooner than two weeks! big hugs to you!!!

julieQ said...

I sure hope you feel much better, much sooner than two weeks! big hugs to you!!!

Karen said...

I have always wondered how someone can do sketches like that on an Etch-a-Sketch. I sure couldn't.

Chrissie said...

Such an Awesome Etch-a-Sketch - sketch! just marvelous! so sorry that you've been feeling so down with your meds! sure hope you feel better soon! thanks for the updates - I check in regularly! love and prayers!
Chrissie