Friday, May 06, 2011





Sissy...


I looked that word up and I had to giggle- "an effeminate man." In our house, we refer to someone as "sissy' when they are extra feminine- a girly girl. Or to a sister. A close sister of the heart. Someone you love. A special term of deep affection.


I got to spend some quality time with my sissies, this past week. One drove down from Lake Michigan and one from West Virginia(where, by the way, if you are a girl, half the waitresses will call you sissy, instead of hon.) We had such a blast. It's been too long since I laughed so hard or played so much. We stayed up late, colored each others hair, painted toe nails, went shopping for good smelling things, clothes and shoes. We cooked- I made desserts, baked beans and a ham, Stephie made some stellar potato salad and Lissy made banana pudding which had the kids drooling. And we talked and talked, constantly. We did regular sissy things. And it was great!


Now the house sure seems quiet. But I can still hear the laughter in every room. I feel like my batteries have been recharged. I have lots of goals on my list of things to do- all of which I'm looking forward to. Painting and sewing and gardening. Even that laundry mountain looks like more fun than usual.


And I have the anticipation of my Sissy from Alabama arriving in just a couple of weeks! She's bringing an entourage of beloved "daughters"- four of them! Can you imagine the fun we'll have? I don't think we'll be doing nails, or hair or too much cooking... but I see thrift shopping, movie watching and more talking and laughing. It's all good. It's all great! Being a sissy is just too much fun.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Can't wait, Sissy! Love you!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Oh, I do think you definition of 'sissy' is much better. What vicarious fun for me to hear about my girls together!!! XOXO

Darcie said...

What fun! A great way to celebrate sisterhood.

Love and hugs to you!

teelduo said...

This Sissy had a BLAST!!!!!!! Miss you so!!!

teelduo said...

Oh and Craig is still going, "is that new too?" ROFL