Thursday, November 15, 2018

 Ice storm...

The winds kept me up for a couple hours last night.  Winds are common place here, but the pecking of ice on the windows is a bit more ominous.  Good news, we still have power. I thought I'd share some of the beauty with you.  The air after an ice storm always smells especially sweet.  I'll spare you the havoc that the ice wreaks on our trees.  Trees in this neck of the woods are honored, I guess because there are more fields than anything.  So when a tree is taken out, or nearly so, it's always a bit sad. But you can't deny that the ice is awfully pretty and if you can't take the bitter with the sweet then you can't be a very well adjusted person, now can you? 
 The flower garden that went to weed at the end of the summer now has it's own sort of beauty.


 This garden ornament is my favorite picture after the berries. 

The grass shatters when you walk on it and makes a slight jingling noise.

My sweetheart broke the handle on his truck door trying to get into it, this morning.  Wonder how long this will take to melt?  


1 comment:

mamasmercantile said...

My goodness, despite ice causing so much havoc it is certainly a beautiful sight.