Friday, October 28, 2005

Have a seat...

Take a seat... Be seated... Pull up a chair... Take a load off...

I found this beautiful chair at a thrift store for only $2.99! I love it and it was just what I needed for my quilting room- a padded seat! Oh, ok, maybe a padded room, too. But how nice it is to sit on a cushy seat, instead of the old hard kitchen chair I was using. Ahhh... and I can sit more comfortably for even longer periods of time now! Just what I need. It is a wonderfully-made chair- mahogany, and not a nail or a screw in it. Some company in Connecticut. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

6 comments:

Darcie said...

Nines!

I love your chair! It's darling...so unique! I have a "thing" for chairs. Don't know why...I really can't sit for very long...knees start aching....

Great find! If there's a sister to it, just wrap it up and send it...put it on my tab! ;-)

Darcie

Sarah said...

You need a padded seat because you got rid of all the padding on your backside! I still love you anyway!

Sarah

Finn said...

Really neat chair nines...and such a good buy!! Isn't that fun when we find just the right thing at the right price???
Love it ! And the quilt too..*G*

Dawn said...

Oh Nina, that is a wonderful chair! Almost too pretty to use for sewing!

Samantha said...

great thrift store find, says the thrift store junkie!!

Tonya R said...

Okay, okay, lovely chair, BUT the quilt the quilt, tell me about the quilt. Reminds me of one from "101 Rotary Quilts" or something like that. I love its graphic quality and the colors.