Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ode to Orange...
I tease Sarah about not using orange, so I thought I'd share some orange. I loved this quilt when I unfolded it in my shop. A client pieced the top and I quilted it. I had been waiting to use my orange thread. Surprising that the opportunity hadn't arisen before, huh? I quilted about 12 concentric circles(off center) and then pulled "flames" off around it. This looked like an easy quilt to piece, and the orange gives the simple lines a little umph. I'm hoping to make one myself, soon. Ah, so many quilts, so little time.

3 comments:

Finn said...

Oh Nines, I LOVE the orange quilt. It's hard not to be happy about pumpkins, and oranges, and A & W...shall I keep going??? LOL..ok..I won't..but I did want to say I'm soooooooo glad you have joined us mavericks ! You do great work, love looking at your quilts.
Especially think you did a great job with the Twisted Sister quilt. Something so loveable from something that wasn't wanted..High Five !

Granny said...

I love the orange quilt. It looks happy! And, the quilting looks great!

Judy L.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Hi Nina! I did the full web ring today and saw you were added and then when I got to Sarah's page saw that she talked you into it! Welcome!

I've been on a reddish orange kick lately and everything has to have reddish orange plaids in it! I'm going to have a blast checking back on your page!