Wednesday, October 05, 2005


My Crazy Twisted Sister...

I hope my sister doesn't see this post as she would say that it takes one to know one. But I'm talking about the quilt. My Aunt Isabel and her daughter-in-law gave me a couple boxes of fabric and this is what became of some of it. Most of these fabrics were not even a fat quarter and I wasn't sure what to do with them. Many of them were juvenile in nature and very bright. They were a good quality, just not something I would typically work with and I didn' feel as if I would purchase matching fabrics to make a complete project. My four-year-old daughter thought they were just beautiful. Of course. You know the age- the brighter the better. So out came this quilt, with a tye-dyed batik border to make it big enough for her queen bed. It might keep her up at nights!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I can just see Boo-Boo sleeping under that quilt! Wish I was there to have a sewing day with you!

Love, Sarah

Samantha said...

That's a lot of fun! My 4 year old would like it was well- and she also sleeps under a quilt that I've been told should keep her up at night LOL!

Chris Elzinga said...

Is that swastika on the quilt intentional or accidental?

Nines said...

Swastika? Well I suppose that the way the quilt has a wave in it from how it is hanging... nah, no swastika. Boring, I know.

Nines said...

NOW I see what you mean! My DH had to point it out to me! Only a guy! Well, it certainly wasn't intentional. No offense intended.

Darcie said...

Nina,

Welcome to the Quilt Mavericks!

I love this twisted quilt...looks Jan Mullen-ish to me...the "every-word-has-a-Z-at-the-end-of-it designer."

I'm a long way from being 4 years old, but please tell your daughter that I love it, too! ;-)
Darcie