Seems like most Monday's are spent trying to recover from Sunday... and not much of anything getting done. Well, I had a lovely Monday, this week. Oh, it was stormy, alright, but a good day for getting some things done. I've had this little quilt on the machine for two weeks without a stitch taken- he was so forlorn. It wasn't that I couldn't find inspiration, but rather... I just lacked the umption. How's that song go... "Give me umption in my gumption, help me function, function, function..." There's another verse..."Give me gas in my Ford, keep me truckin' for the Lord..." Well, apparently none of you have ever ridden the Joy Bus with my Aunt Dottie. She's still a scream. Anywho, getting back to lack of umption... I just haven't felt like doing it, and so... I didn't. But I had a moment of forward motion on Monday and so the quilt got quilted. Woo-hoo! Good to get it done. Just did a very simple mum meander type thing- as it was a pretty busy top- of left over thimbleberry fabrics. My friend Lynn, will be happy to get it back. The design rather reminded me of Tonya- only, not so much the fabrics. If she has even one piece of Thimbleberry fabric in her stash I would be amazed.
But you know, getting that project done sent me on with some momentum and I am thrilled with the remainder of that day's accomplshments, also.
- I made a list of the 5 projects that have to be done before my nephew's wedding on the 5th of May. I found out, last night, that I get to add making 2 flower girls' dresses to the list.
- I pieced the backing for a quilt that my mom made for my brother's new bed. (He made the most incredible bed!- and no missing appendages, this time! I'm so proud!) So I'm ready to go on that one.
- I loaded the coal mine quilt onto the machine and have it about 3/4 done. Right now I am working with gray thread on a white and gray background and it is driving me a little batty because I can't see a thing- quilting by memory of where I have been and where I am going!
- I got another backing made for the YBR wedding present quilt.
- And I finished an altered book. Not much to look at, but I learned a lot about what I like and don't like in making them.
And those few things really made me happy as I haven't sewn or quilted anything in the past 2 weeks- a record in these parts, I'm pretty sure. I'm really trying to stay focused on my goals- there's lots of new post-it notes over my work table!