Saturday, May 06, 2006


How Blue can you make me...
I'm over the blues! Woo-hoo!!! Aren't they the sweetest little things? It was so worth going through all that hassle of working through these dresses. They were so tickled with them- and the bride loved them and thought they looked adorable. Boo had a few moments of nervousness at the rehearsal, but the wedding was a cinch- I think they were just so tickled with their puffy dresses! She and I finally made a deal. I would put curlers in her hair (which is naturally curly) and she would be happy during the wedding. She took her word quite seriously and smiled the whole time. Eva had curlers and she wants to do whatever Eva does. That was an easy fix. The wedding was lovely and the wedding cake was pretty good, too! The bride was barefoot and get this... they had their first kiss, ever, when the preacher said they could!!

The trip to Florida was mercifully uneventful. My DH kept saying how impressed he was with my packing. That went a long way in making me feel like I had accomplished something. Hey, I was on the road... that was a major accomplishment. Kentucky was very pretty with Spring showing her face. Tennessee was even prettier, but there was a price tag on everything. No not literally, but it just seemed very touristy. Georgia... well, my DB lives in GA and loves it, so I'm gonna be nice. The traffic was not fun and the people were understandably grumpy. Only ran into one friendly face outside of family. My DB, David flies planes and so he took me on a tour of the world through the satellites. Found my folks farm and our house. That was cool. Spent the evening and night with his dear family and that was a real treat- especially for all the cousins. Arrived in Florida, Wednesday evening. Wedding was Friday afternoon, and now it's time to relax and have a little vacation. ahhhhh...

My DSis, Laurie has a fancy-shmancy embroidery machine. "I" made two redwork pieces to later sew into bodices for jumpers for the girls... maybe I'll make another tomorrow for Maddie. And then, and this was FUN... "I" sewed a label for Sarah's quilt challenge quilt! Prettiest label I've ever seen! Lots of blue and just a touch of orange! They are feeding us too well, but figure I'll just try to be good when I can and succumb when I can't! What's a girl to do? We are leaving for Daytona in a couple days and will spend a few days there before returning to Indiana and time to plant the garden. I sat in the sun for 10 whole minutes, today and nearly got burned. My pale northern skin isn't used to the UVs here. That's what locals call the sunshine.

13 comments:

Frances said...

oh WOW Nina as your blog came up on my screen I was WOWed, your daughters are beautiful and their dresses too ALL made by you,
the embroidery sounds fun, take a break and relax a while you work so hard, bringing up ten children well is hard work with fun times and lots of love, you're great,
btw blue is my fav colour I see it as restful and calming, enjoy the rest of your trip,

Carolyn said...

You did a great job on the dresses, the girls looked adorable! Enjoy your trip!

Quiltgranny said...

How adorable! I just knew you would love the dresses when you were done and could see how pretty those girls are with them on - regardless of zipper woes. Sounds like you are having a nice time away - remember to keep smiling and enjoy it all!

Sarah said...

I was beginning to miss your "voice"! Did Tommy do the ceremony? The girls look beautiful - as usual! I thought you would be back safe in your nest by now! Miss you and counting the days!

Darcie said...

Oh! Eva and Boo are just the most darling little young ladies! And your dresses are superb, Nines!

I've never really liked clothing that makes noise when I walked...but I do recall that the sound of bridal taffeta flowing beneath me made me feel as close to a princess as I've ever felt! I can just imagine how your daughters felt in gorgeous dresses that their mommy made!

Hey! That whole satellite thing sounds fun! Next time you'll have to *look me up!*

Enjoy your time away with your family!

PS. The SID? I just meant that I learned that I actually SHOULD HAVE stitched in the ditch!

;-)

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Now you've got ME crying over blue...never have I seen two more beautiful girls! They remind me of a slide of you and Laurie. Boo's you, Eva's Laurie. WOW!

teelduo said...

awwww how beautiful! So where are the bride and groom? Glad you are having a great trip.

teelduo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Isobel said...

Oh, Nina, what beauties and not just the dresses. You may not remember but your ringbearer at your wedding had sort of a meltdown right before the wedding and took part only after great coaxing. Can you believe he is graduating from college on Saturday?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Nina, the girls are adorable in their blue dresses! This picture is the sweetest!

Hunter said...

Missing you. :)

Darilyn

Granny said...

The girls are so cute! Glad they had fun and did what they were supposed to for the wedding.

Judy L.

Darcie said...

Missing you, Nines! Happy Mother's Day!!!