Saturday, June 10, 2006



I swan, I love that man!

How cute is that? Woke up this morning to the sound of the rain... a rainy Saturday morning. Just about perfect to my way of thinking. Asked DH what his plans were. He usually works on Saturday and takes Monday off. But he decided that the rain would keep him from getting anything done, today, so... he's stayin' home. I am such a brat, 'cause he could stay home every day and that would be fine with me. Of course, I don't get much done... I just like to sit and watch him, like we haven't been together for 20 years! He has had a little home project on his mind. There are always things to get done around here, but this one has been moving to the top of his list. Our family room is on the second floor. It's a very old house and there is this odd room at the top of the stairs that really can't be used if privacy is an issue. So we have always used it as a TV and computer room. But with 10 people in the family, it is almost impossible for everyone to have a seat. Movie night has been more of an endurance marathon- how long can three people sit crushed in one recliner? (We don't really watch TV on a regular basis- there is a grand selection of about 5 channels, and I can't endure commercials- is there anything more obnoxious on this planet? But we all love to watch movies.) So out went all the furniture- a motley crew, to be sure. We have tried about everything out there- couches, chairs, and even a futon couch with a bunk bed overhead- thinking that vertical might help. If you think fingerprints on walls are unsightly, try the ceiling- they seem even worse. But none of it has really been ideal. The futon rattled and squeaked and eventually fell apart and the recliner would drive me bonkers because it was a swivel recliner and I can't express the nausea that I feel when someone bumps into the recliner and swings me one way and then the other. Weird, I know. I don't know if Bill has it all figured out, but at least the kids will all fit and be able to see the TV. I'm not sure how comfy it will be for grandfather and grandmother... but we can always bring the recliners back in for the geriatric crew. Can you believe I said that? At any rate, he has this stadium seat thing going on, two levels. Reminds me of the pit seating from the 70's. Remember that? U-shaped and kinda cozy. I'll be sewing padding and pillows for the remainder of the summer.

When Jack found out that his Dad was going to be working here at home, he rushes off to his room and returns, all dressed up as Dad. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! He borrowed my glasses and they were good enough to let me take their picture. Jack does resemble DH the most of all 6 boys. Got a giggle out of their jeans- matching right down to the hole in the knee!

8 comments:

teelduo said...

He even stands like Bill...bahahahahaha How cute is that!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Too cute for words. Maybe all the geratric crew will need is an extra cushion. Sounds like a good solution to me...our boy Bill to the rescue!

Tracey said...

Oh my goodness!! That is sooooooo cute!! Definitely a pic to frame!

Shellie said...

I've been lurking for a while now and thought I'd finally leave a little note. I'm absolutely in awe of all you get done with such a big family! I've even shared what I've read about you and your family with my dh. My kids like looking at pictures of your kids and your quilts as well.

Those pictures are too cute! Bill has the right idea. Alot of the decorating magazines have been showing similar "stadium seating" type home theaters for a few years now.

ForestJane said...

That's a real keeper of a picture! Even to the matching hats and belts... lol

All the younger one needs is... the moustache!

The only thing I don't like about stadium seating is the lack of cup-holders... he'll have to find some way to attach swivel out arms to the wall, with holders attached. :)

dot said...

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!

Darcie said...

How cute!

I can't wait to see what your crew comes up with! Love that painting on the walls...did you do that, Nines?

Tonya Ricucci said...

Very sweet