Sunday, June 11, 2006


Moonlit gardening...

I wish you could hear how pretty the fountain sounds. DH bought me this pond and fountain kit at a garage sale, last month. For only 20 bucks!! That included the silly little frog! I have been wanting a water feature for so long and was about to settle for a bucket of water... but now I have a very nice little pond. DS Joe, 16yo, did all the manual labor for me- (well, I had to pick the spot for it, giggle, the corner of the garden under a big Elm tree)- but in just a few short hours, he had it up and running. I was willing to do the digging, but there is one thing that I think is fairly universal about boys- they like to dig holes. If my boys are acting moody and otherwise grumpy, I usually find a job for them that involves a shovel. They come back in all sweetness. Now Joe is rarely moody. He is one of those steady kinda guys that not much- anything- unsettles. But he saw me start in on the shoveling... so he grabs the shovel and gets the job done in no time. I got all of the flower garden weeded while he worked on that. My kind of multi-tasking. The next day, I framed it up with some rocks I dug up from the yard- looks nice, I think. And ahhhhh.... the sound. This little flower garden is right outside my bedroom window. The trickling water is a very sweet sound to sleep by- though it did take some getting used to- had to keep running to the bathroom! I love to garden in the dark- hard to find time during the day, sometimes. It is so quiet and peaceful out there. I'll water the tomato plants and splash water everywhere. Loads of fun. Unfortunately, it has been raining solidly for the past couple days, so I have been missing my moonlit fun- very chilly out or I'd weed in the rain. But I know the Lord can water the plants so much better than me and my water hose, so I'll let Him have at it and not complain.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Can you please come weed my flower beds now? I wish it was even a little bit chilly here! It is nasty hot! I guess I will have to stay inside in the A/C and sew! Oh well!

Are you going to be qworking on your birthday? Two weeks from today I can hug your neck! YEAH!!!

Love you!

Sarah

Quiltgranny said...

What a lovely little frog it is, too! Whadda deal!

teelduo said...

Happy Birthday sis...check your email...cause you have mail!

Granny said...

Oh, I wish I could hear it too. It's so pretty and I know you'll enjoy it for a very long time. Sounds like you have a very cooperative son!

Judy L.

ForestJane said...

I love the little spitting frog. :)

I had a little indoor fountain for a while - but the cats thought it was a wonderful water-bowl. I wasn't careful enough about keeping it full (there was a thin line between so full it splattered my floor and so empty it won't run) so I burned the pump out.