wouldn't let me upload a picture. fine! I figure I'll just edit a picture I uploaded a while ago. My mom asked me, Friday, what I was doing and I answered that I was spending the whole day trying to figure out what I was doing. So here's what that's like...
- I changed the quilt over the piano- my Aunt Shelia gave me this one- made by her Grandmother. It's in sad shape, but fun. All the green "blocks" are actually where the backing is showing through!
- I quilted one pass across the quilt of valor. 2 more to go.
- I made two more quilt blocks for my hand-dyed sampler. "Sarah's Choice" (guess what color it is) and "Indian."
- I made 2 batches of cookies.
- I looked over the garden. Aim to pick more beans in another day or two. The corn silks are being feasted on by the Japanese beetles- aren't they a plague this year?
- I weeded the flower garden.
- I took the air conditioner outside and sprayed off the condenser and scrubbed the wheel/fan in it. Amazing how much better it works- I'm even cold, now. Must have had a premonition of how hot it was going to get this week!
- I decided since I was miserably dirty, I might as well clean out the freezer and figure out why I have an inch of solid ice on the floor. Evaporation tray in the back had a clogged drain. Fixed it with a clothes hanger. Couldn't find the strength to get the fridge back against the wall. How did I get it out?
- Did 1 load of laundry. Pathetic, I know.
- Moped some, as DH was out of town. He went to Alabama to pick up the boys from camp. They are home now. Yeah! (Joe said he'd miss me, before he left. Then he pauses and says, "I'll really miss your cooking." Guess he did. I made him weigh himself as he seemed awfully thin when he returned. Lost 10 lbs at camp! I'm wondering if they have camps for mommies...)
I'm sure there are other miscellaneous odds and ends that got done, but it's all a blur now. Quite a bit was accomplished, but without any real purpose in mind. Evabeth and I stayed up until 5am- she couldn't sleep. We watched the commentary of Walk The Line. Had crazy dreams about crazy Joaquin Phoenix. I like him, but his eyes freak me out a little bit.
So, it's off to work, today. I usually just work Tuesdays, but Tanya's doing very well at her quilt shows, so she can afford me for an extra day this week! I jest. But things have been going very well for her. Her husband is Bahrainian and, with all the mess in the Mideast, they are feeling that all these quilters are thinking it's Armageddon, and so they're throwing their money away on quilting supplies... which brings to mind my question... what would be the point if there's the end of the world to contend with? Maybe I don't have a clear understanding of this "Armageddon" thing. No, I don't think I want an education- I did see the movie with Bruce Willis! Not the same thing? Well, I guess I'll just wait and see. In my mind, quilting usually is the solution for a whole lot of problems... Now see? I'm having another one of those days with no purpose in mind.