Thursday, July 27, 2006

Me and Abe...

He's put that twinkle in my eye. Ok, the flash put that twinkle on my glasses. But the sentiment is there. He said, "Librarian," today. Clear as a bell. Something we have in common. We love to read books. Tonya was talking about books, lately and so has Tracey. I thought I'd let you guys in on a really great book for children. It's "Sir Kevin Of Devon." By Adelaide Holl. It's an older book and you have to buy it used- which it is usually available through B&N or Amazon. But it is such a good one and the boys are always asking for me to read it to them. It's in poem form. It's not how big you are, but how big your heart is.

Not much sewing going on here. Ok, no sewing. But I did get my quilt of valor on the quilting frame and have made a pass or two. I was hoping to get it done by tomorrow so that Bill could hand deliver it for me, but I just don't see that happening. You never know. I might should have just done something very basic and simple over it, but then... it has been almost a month since I have quilted anything (shameful, I know) and I just felt like taking it up a notch. It is still very simple- a baby meander and a baby loop with stars, but because I am doing it very small, it is taking longer. My shoulder and arm aren't what they used to be! And I have had a nasty summer cold- still achy. But the binding is already made and if I can time my breaks and then get back to it- not so easy... I might pull it off. If I don't, well, so I'll need to mail it. No big deal.

Been a bit off-beat these last few days. Three of my boys are gone and it just changes the rhythm of our lives. I made entirely too much bread dough, yesterday. We're talking a mountain. So I made rolls for DH and the guys who are helping him build a porch just down the road- I think they enjoyed that on their break. I still had a mountain of dough left so I made cinnamon rolls for the 5 remaining children... Eva and Boo even made cinnamon rolls in their easy-bake ovens, still had a hill of dough left and I guess we'll be having pizza for dinner, tonight. Or maybe pepperoni rolls. One of my dryers died- we have 2, and I am beginning to see how essential 2 dryers are in a household this size. I could never get ahead, before, but now I've about given up hope that it could ever happen. But I keep forging ahead- if very slowly. yep, that's me, sssslllooowwww....

8 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

Nines, it's a wonder you get any quilting done at all!! you should be patting yourself on the back!

wish you could blog me some of those cinnamon rolls!! they sound great!!!

slow, is good, this world moves too fast. enjoy!!!!

Judy said...

Looks like a very sweet boy who loves his momma!

Slow is fine, nothing wrong with slow....

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

SWEET SWEET SWEET

I'm slowing down as the day goes on, too. Have made a couple of aprons, though :)

Sarah said...

Too bad Abe doesn't look like the rest of his brothers! Haha! No denying that they are all related! Wish I could have one of Abe's sweet kisses. Give everyone kisses and hugs for me. Missing you.

Love - Sarah

Melanie said...

Sounds like you've got it all. What a beautiful boy...way too pretty to be a boy--- There will always be quilts...there won't always be kids.

I have a real weakness for cinnamon rolls--wish I had some.
Melanie

Melanie said...

It's me again. You're kids are alot younger than mine. You know one thing I wish I had done that I never did???? I had girlfriends that every year let their kids pick out a christmas ornament and put away for them. As they got older and left home they had ornaments for their first tree away from home. I had another friend that her daughters at 4 yrs old, picked out a set of Christmas dishes and every year got a piece. I don't know... I kind of thought it was a cool idea. I'm going on and on, but you didn't have an email... Such beautiful kids.
Melanie

Tonya Ricucci said...

Sorry you've been feeling off. Glad your sweetie pie is cheering you up. Librarian - most excellent. The cinammon rolls sound excellent.

Darcie said...

Librarian. How sweet is that!

What a great little pic of you and Abe. Those are things a Mom can't have too much of: Sweet snuggles. And pics with their children! (Seems I'm always the one behind the camera...but hey...at least it doesn't get broken that way!)