makes Nina a dull girl. I realized last night that I have been, maybe, overdoing it a bit. Not that I've minded, but I was taking some Tylenol when I realized that I had emptied the bottle in only 2 weeks. hmm... I could blame my headaches on the changing weather, but it might be the work load's been a bit heavy. Here are the last two weeks' accomplishments- in the sewing room.
- 8 quilts quilted- maybe not a record, but a decent amount of work considering that 4 of them were fairly large.
- Postcards made on a daily basis- not too many, but I'd say 25, total.
- 2 skirts, 2 vests and 2 jumpers- for the girls.
- 12 blocks set with borders and cornerstones- my homespun baskets.
- 2 chicken pincushions. One wound up being big enough to hold 5 lbs of rice!! Scratch that- no pun, intended. The next one was a more reasonable size. 3.5" original block does the trick.
- I made one of Darcie's thready neck thingies. Hmmm... mine looks a tad like a morphed baby octopus. Not saying I don't like it, just... this is one that needs to go larger.
- Got a label on the Quilt of Valor.
- And, finally, I finished the borders on my bones quilt- and, while not a Halloween quilt, it does have a skull on it- "and my dad was a piano mover, so..."
My Bones quilt is quite large- I had to finally lay it out on the ground and Daniel was sweet enough to climb on top of the van to take a picture of it for me. A generous queen-size. See, Tonya? Monster letters, about 11" tall. For those of you who weren't here for the beginning of the sweeping saga of my bones quilt, it came from a song by Little Big Town, "You got bones in your closet, you got ghosts in your town, You're running scared 'cause you know they're out there, just waitin' for the sun to go down." My bones were the blocks that didn't have homes, practice peices or blocks that didn't fit with what I was doing. Just orphans. I had so many that they were threatening to overflow my closet and something just had to be done with them! And now they all have a home. Hope they can get along as one big happy family.
Blogger just ate my pictures! Grrrr... Well, it's just too late to start over with them. So. I guess tha-tha, tha-tha, tha-that's all, folks!