Dontcha just hate it when Blogger interrupts a perfectly coherent thought? At that event, I took to my bed and now that I've slept a couple hours, I'd like to start what I finished. er... finish what I started. If I can remember where I was going... sheesh! maybe not enough sleep, eh? If I tamper with the time setting, I should get this to appear after the other post with the Bones quilt. That's Dan the Man on the van. He took that picture of my bones quilt for me. The boys can give me a hard time about holding quilts up for pictures. Apparently, a little quilt can become quite heavy when being held above your head. Who knew? But they always come through for me. I tried having the bones quilt held up, but with the wind, the already barely legible lettering was lost as it wrapped itself around the guys legs. So then we laid it out on the grass, but it's too big to get into the frame... So I stood on a chair...nope, still too big... so I stacked a chair on a chair... Joe, says, "Mom how are you going to explain this at the Emergency room?" You know, they always ask how you incurred your injuries. Well, even that wasn't high enough. So it was Dan the Man on the van. Not bad.
On a cool note... Remember this black and white quilt that I quilted for Tanya? It won a blue ribbon at the quiltshow this past weekend. That is very satisfying. "First, do no harm." I figure I didn't mess it up too bad if it won a blue ribbon. Wow, maybe I am a quilter.
This is just a postcard that I've done up. I think I have about 100, now.
So, here's a list of things that I hope to do this week. Determined to rid myself of the headache. If this doesn't work, I'll have to see the chiropractor, I suppose.
- No sewing on the quilting machine or the sewing machine. You should have heard the boys scoff and laugh when I told them my aspirations to stay away from the quilting room. They don't seem to have much faith in my ability to refrain from sewing. Well, they did catch me sewing on binding, today, but it was by hand, I protested! And Denim Friday doesn't count!
- No throwing my back out while picking up the 200 pounds of wheat I ordered from the bulk food store.
- Lunch with a friend.
- Take a nap in the sun with my sweet little bits. It's supposed to snow on Thursday, so I need to soak up the warm sunshine while it's still here.
- Set up for the last quiltshow of the season in Greenville, Ohio. I'm not even gonna think about unloading the 250 pound libraries...
- Weed the flower garden. I know it's close to being done with, but it always makes me feel better to have that all squared away and I think I need to get outside more.
A nice relaxing week... goodness, slaving over that quilting machine is starting to sound like a breeze...