Monday, June 11, 2007

Typical...

This is the picture I choose to share with you guys, 'cause this was just so typical. I have something goofy to say and Sarah is laughing her head off. Typical. I made a comment about us standing in front of "a historical landmark." But it was the only bit of shade we could find out here on the prairie. Yeah, that tumble down "historical landmark" is my house. A while back, I remember Bonnie suggested we all post pictures of our houses, and I was appropriately horrified! Well, there's it's "good" side!

We had such a blast for our yearly birthday bash. These are our quilts that we made for each other. I made the green with fabric Sarah gave me and she made the red from fabric I gave her. The only rule this year was that the quilts would only have one color. Simple. I think they both turned out smashing. We went to Pendleton and ate lunch at our favorite tea house, and then did some shopping. Did some more shopping. Ate some more. That pretty much sums up the weekend. We did some dying. Fabric, that is. (We left it to sit, overnight, and Sarah asked if it would be acceptable to rinse the fabrics out on the Lord's day. I said I figured it was no different than getting our ox out of the ditch, metaphorically.) We ate some more- she has a favorite Chinese restaurant here and they trearted her like a queen with heaping platefulls- since she came all the way from Alabama! She's gone now, sniff, and I wonder if they will give me sympathy platefulls...

9 comments:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Double pretties...no, make that quadruple beauties.

(We'll tell them I came all the way from WV the next time I'm there...teehee)

Angie said...

It looks like you both are having such a blast, Nines! Both quilts are wonderful!! It sounds like you had the perfect 'birthday bash', and your 'historical' fix-er-up is adorable!! :)

dot said...

Looks like you had fun. I love the quilts. Wood and stone is not what builds a home, love is. By reading your blog I know there is plenty of love in that home. Don't ever be ashamed of that. Keep posting those great reads.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I"m so glad you guys had a good time! That picture is priceless! It just makes me smile!

Darcie said...

Even though I don't know what either of your voices or your laughs sound like in person...I can just imagine! How fun! A Kodak Moment for certain!

Love the quilts!!! What a terrific idea for the two of you to share...from the whole year through as your creating it...and then to the finale.

And I agree with Dot fully...although I forget that sometimes myself, I must admit. A house is just a structure...a protection. Love and family and faith is the true foundation....

Hugs to you! Miss you! E-mail me!

;-)

Darcie said...

Ooops. I do no how to spell. Trying to do two miny things at wonce I gess. ;-)

That would be: *as YOU'RE creating it.... ;-)

atet said...

Two beautiful quilts by two beautiful ladies. What a great time to share!

As for the house -- it's a home and it's filled with love. That is the ONLY thing that counts.

Kairle Oaks said...

Your quilts turned out so nicely. Just think about all of the love that went into making them!

BTW, I'd love to see more of that historical landmark!

Isobel said...

What beautiful birthday gifts for beautiful ladies.