Thursday, May 31, 2007


Quilt finished...
Isn't that a good feeling? I just love finishing something. In the quilting world, it seems like a rare thing, indeed. There are just so many stages between step #1 and done. Ya know? Now this particular quilt didn't take me long. The pattern was in Coffee Time. It was called Caramel Latte. Of course, I had to rearrange the colors and now it is a bit more like Expresso By The Sea! I just used the fabrics that I had and it turned out very nice I think. I used some of everything in it. There's civil war reproductions, asian, calicos and batiks. I pieced it back in February, and quilted it and bound it this month. I still need to get the label made. see? Not really finished, eh? Close enough to show you, though. It is for a dear friend and his sweet wife- one of my sons was born on their bedroom floor. Now there's a long story. But I don't think I'll be getting into that. At any rate, he likes coffee and she likes blue. Hope it's a good match.

14 comments:

Saska said...

Love the blues and brown mixture. Call it 'sippin' coffee outside'!

VERY pretty!

Darcie said...

It's fabulous, Nines!!! I love it...and your special couple is going to love it as well! Very rich and smooth...just like a good cuppa.

And where are you?!?! Sending hugs...wherever you may be!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

She wore brown/blue at her daughter's wedding and declared it was the dress she'd wear to all her seashore weddings. I think "Expresso by the Sea" is a very good title and the quilt a very good match! XOXOXO

Hedgehog said...

This is really a spectacular quilt!

Cher said...

a special quilt for a special couple..very nice!

Carrie said...

Beeeeeeeeautiful! I like the colors you used, they work well together.
Hope you're having a great weekend!
God bless :)

Kim said...

That turned out beautifully! I love brown and blue together. Congrats for getting a project done!

atet said...

Oh wow. It's lovely, and the combination of fabrics is just inspired. I love mixing fabrics that might not necessarily "go" together. It isn't always possible and doesn't always work -- but in this case, it does so well!

YankeeQuilter said...

Two...no three of my favorite things...coffee, the ocean and quilts. Toss in a scotty dog and this quilt is perfect!!!!

Beautiful job. Love the mix of fabrics.

Anonymous said...

This quilt looks HUGE! Love the colours you chose.

Isobel said...

That looks like my size of quilt. It must be a special couple to get such a special quilt.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I LOVE it! I loved it the first time I saw it on your blog. Very cool quilting. It kind of looks like baptist fans but not all going the same way?

I love the colors too!

Carol E. said...

A beautiful quilt! And from Feb to June seems like a speedy project to me. Great job!

Rose Marie said...

A great quilt, love the colours and the pattern!