Friday, November 30, 2007


East Quoddy...

is out there... somewhere. Pretty bad when you can't find a light house in a storm! You might not be able to tell it, but it was raining buckets and the wind was blowing so strong, it nearly blew my toboggan right off my head! It did completely annihilate my friend Harriet's brand new umbrella. So I dashed out of the bus, down the path, through a grove of pine trees- which I am sure smelled lovely, but I was too busy trying to stay alive and keeping my camera from getting soaked to notice the smell of the fir trees- and snapped this one and only picture of a lovely lighthouse- (bought a book later, so I'd have a better picture) and ran back onto the bus- thoroughly soaked. It was crazy, man! East Quoddy is in Canada.

3 comments:

Susan said...

A true photographer, going to any lengths for a picture! Thanks. =) It looks like it did here in the not-so-sunny Southwest today!

Darcie said...

You know I'm a bit kooky...but I LOVE this stormy picture! The pines in the foreground make a perfect frame.

So...around here we slide down hills with tobaggans. Please share with me what a toboggan was doing on top of your head?!

Lotsa hugs....

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Well, my soggy little cat, the picture was worth it. I love it, too. mama