One Batik quilt...
What do ya know? Finally a picture. Not the best, but you get the idea. This hangs in my dh's store and goes in my son Joe's collection. All my quilts- that are not given away, of course, go into one of my kids' collections. So they have a few when they move out.
And this is me laughing hysterically that some of you think I might actually post a picture of frump girl...LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLOLOLLLLLL!!!!! Guys, I was horrified that the UPS man might see me thusly clothed- let alone imagining the prospect of immortalizing it for all of cyberspace... Um, thanks, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I never was a sucker for truth or dare!
However, I will succumb to a meme- just because it was Darcie who asked and I'll do just about anything for Darcie. I'm supposed to share 7 weird things about me... The problem I have is narrowing it down to 7 things- things I wouldn't mind the whole world knowing... rather like that frump girl. So I had dh help me with the list. At first, he was hesitant, but he got on a roll real quick, so quick in fact, that I might have to list some of his oddities- just to keep things even... Bill's list of Nines' weirdnesses:
- I completely freak out around spiders. I forget to breathe. (As a child, I had a bad dream about hundreds of spiders biting my fingers- the little black fuzzy ones that jump- and I've never cared for them since- I think I was laying on my hands wrong- they fell asleep, tingled and stung... it's logical, where my fear is not.)
- I love starting projects...finishing them, well, it's a real chore, but Bill says I am getting much better at it.
- When Bill walks by, I still growl. I try to keep it quiet, but after 20 years, he still makes my heart go pitter-pat.
- I'm ornery. I don't see where this is weird, but Bill put it on the list.
- I look at things in a unique way- if "everybody" does it, chances are, I don't. I question just about everything that I can think of to question. I'm miles from mainstream.
- I'm annoyed at cell phone towers. I didn't realize that I had this problem until I caught myself, with eyelids at half mast, giving the towers a dirty look. They're just so... ugly. It's not their fault. I'm trying to accept. I feel like the Jetsons. But I do LOVE water towers. Especially when they have the town name on them- my Meemaw lived almost under one and it said "BOOMER" on it. What a cool name for a town. Boomer, WV.
- Bill eats no vegetables. See? I got one in on him. Is ketchup a vegetable? I think not. A potato? It's a starch. That's it folks. Meat. potatoes. oh, and chocolate. A steady diet, for 40 years. The occasional apple, banana and watermelon thrown in. His cholesterol is great and he's as healthy as a horse. I wouldn't wish it any other way, but he gives me a hard time about eating all the vegetables and me being puny. Life is just not fair, ya know?
Well, there ya go.