well, he's steamin', anyway. Look at those glasses. He was absolutely fascinated by my friend, Donna's, steamer.
This was just a funny picture I had and since I've nothing quilty to show...
I have been quilty, don't get me wrong, just nothing picture-worthy. I was hoping to get that batik up on the wall and snap a few pictures for ya... only to be hampered by the weather. It snowed. My friend Sandy was sweet enough to bind the batik quilt- by hand, no less, and then I get snowed in. I can see now that expectations are going to far out-weigh reality in regards to that silly quilt. Usually, I don't mind getting snowed in- one of my favorite things, but I was looking forward to meeting up with that quilt on a big ole wall. Maybe tomorrow. In the mean time, I have to tell ya something...
I'm a frump. It's official. Official with a capital F. Some days I just have to wonder, "Who dressed me?" Oh, that's right, I did it myself. See it starts like this:
- Knee socks- they go first, 'cause I'm cold. But, I think they're kinda cute- black, gray and purple stripes.
- Leg warmers- They're purple and they match the socks, right? Flashdance got nothin' on me. I'm stylin'.
- Really ugly slippers- some kid outgrew them. They're blue suede, fleece lined. Servicable.
- Now here is where I ruined the whole- I-got-it-goin-on thing. I still wasn't warm after 2 cups of tea... so I pull on a pair of dh's long johns. You know, that dingy "natural" color. Completely hides the "hip" leg warmers and socks. My legs look like...timber. Ever heard the term, "log-legs?"
- Denim skirt- 'cause no way will any of my pants fit over those bulky thermals.
- Green, long-sleeved shirt. One cuff was comin' unraveled so I obsessively picked out the other cuff-so that they'd match. Be even, ya know.
- I have to wear an apron or... well, I'd stain my "pretty" clothes. This one happens to be red and have ducks wearing overalls all over it. One of my favorites.
- Still cold, so I put on a navyblue fleece jacket. Buttoned up to my chin.
- Feel the need to add a Chinese red silk scarf- 'cause I feel a draft. Tie it around twice and stuff it down into the jacket- ascot style.
- Accessorize it off with a pair of snips on a royal blue ribbon that's seen better days.
See? Official frump. Might even be worse than frump and vere towards "bag lady" status. What's a girl to do? Pray for Spring!! Surely I have some cute summer clothes!!!