Things I've been doing...
- Crocheting. I've finished a doily and I am almost finished with another. Then I started a sweater- a first and with no pattern, I'm not sure it will work out wearable. The yarn is wonderfully soft and called "denim ombre" It'll look great with jeans. It's a nice change from the tiny little doily hook- i'm using a honkin' huge K hook.
- I've been acquiring red and white fabrics for a redwork quilt. Sandy has been doing the embrioidery on the machine for me and I plan on piecing little borders for the squares. Some of these fabrics came all the way from Oregon.
- My parents visited. the mower is running- along with a couple weed whackers. that's a very good thing. My dishwasher never ran so good as it does now. All thanks to my Dad. the garden is tilled and looking very healthy. New green beans are planted- for the third time. Hopefully third time is a winner. My Mom did laundry and laundry and more laundry. Welcome to my world.
- We had a 4th of July picnic at my Sis in law's. I made a cherry cobbler- big shocker, I know. But no one else made cherry anything and I was surprised by that. The cobbler was a huge hit and disappeared in no time. I also made baked beans and potato salad- 'cause it was a picnic, right? And 5 gallons of lemonade. My oldest set a big fireworks display in the front yard and we had a singing. It was a grand day.
- Today, I'm tired. Imagine that? So I crochet a little and "rest my eyes" a little. Read a little. Rest my eyes a little more. You get the picture. I might get up some gumption and go sew a little, but don't hold your breath.