Saturday, July 12, 2008


A sweater in July...
May sound a bit...unorthodox, but it's very light weight. I have all of the components done and now I need to pull it together. I have the shoulder seams and the sleeves sewn together. Then I think I'll finish the openings with some single crochet and some shells. It's a bit too big, but I think it will work. My first peice of crothet clothing. the sleeves don't have the best shape, but at least I won't have to worry about it binding under my arms!

3 comments:

Donna said...

love the colour. It'll be great spring and fall even if it doesn't get a lot of wear mid-summer...

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

I just can't figure out how you've managed to clone yourself! How can you possibly have 8 kids and still have time for all these elaborate projects?? I think I spend half the day picking up messes the kids leave behind and the other half breaking up fights. I only get any sewing done by foregoing most of the housework.
:)
Karen
www.merriecuylter.blogspot.com

Darcie said...

Look at you go with this crocheting thing!!! Your sweater will be perfect to bring along to ND for our chilly September mornings and evenings!!!

Hmmm...maybe we'll have to hit a yarn store in the state somewhere? There are a couple....

Love you heaps!