Thursday, August 14, 2008



Kids at work...


really, they were working. Ok, I get home from shopping and notice my bed is "made." The quilt was on sideways. It was all nicely folded down with the sheets. Bekah pipes up that she made my bed and organized my "diabetes stuff." I thought it was just adorable the way she lined up all the meds and the sryinges...even if the syringes are a bit morose- better than the alternative. Just part of my life. She was so proud, grinning from ear to ear as only she can. Thank you sweet girl. So nice to come home to a clean room.
And I bet you're dying to hear the story behind that towel. Wouldn't want you to think that all my children are perfect...Abe was riding the bleach bottle like a car all around the kitchen table. I was sterilizing the sinks- canning tomatoes- and I set the bleach down by my feet... Abe commandeered it. I guess the bottle couldn't stand the pressure of a 4 year old. It leaked. He "wiped" up the mess with one of my best blue towels(sorry Sarah.) And left the towel covering the puddle. Bleach is some seriously caustic stuff. Just in case you were doubting. Literally ate a big ole hole in that towel. But he was being such a big boy by "cleaning" up his mess- not a drop of bleach on him or his clothes. weird.
I just love kids. good thing, huh?

5 comments:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Sorry about the towels ... now where are those old rags when ya need 'em. But great effort, all round. I love Bekah's perfect little rows ... will she hire out??? XOXOXO

Donna said...

sounds like your kids have great intentions -- one tidies and straightens as a gift, the other cleans up after himself.... Thankfully the bleach wasn't more of a problem, eating a hole in the skin or something...

Darcie said...

Thank heavens Abe the Babe went unharmed! What a guy!

And just look at the organizational skills that little BekahBoo has! How sweet!

Love you bucketfuls!

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Sounds like my kids--spilling juice and just covering it with cloth napkins or tissues. Then I try to figure out why the kleenex are glued to the floor. Ah, life with kids...
Karen

Isobel said...

Talk about really weird...I have a towel about the same color with about the same kind of spots on it...no holes though and I don't have any kids to take the blame. I decided (when I still had the old top-loading washer) that I would bleach my towels and didn't bother to put the bleach in before the towels...big mistake.