Tuesday, February 24, 2009


Cabinets up!
Well, mostly. There are still a few things to tweak, but I've got a good idea of what it will look like when he's all finished. That's Bill doing his Vanna White impersonation. I thought I was only getting bottom cupboards, but he surprised me with the top ones. Can you imagine how much extra cupboard room I'll have? Whoopie! This end of the dining room opens right into the kitchen, so it will be quite convenient. These are recycled cabinets, and are really just in fine condition- all oak. The pulls need updating, but how easy is that? I am so excited!! Won't be long and I'll be able to paint. Weird, but I am actually considering white. I know, boring, but think how bright and cheery it will be! Maybe I'll paint the ceiling blue...

8 comments:

Julia said...

Oh how fun!!! Are you going to put any texture on the walls before you paint? This room is going to be such a great addition to your home! I am excited for you. Love Ya!

Sweet Will makes a pretty good Vanna! hehe

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Now that IS exciting!!!!!

Darcie said...

"Watch out, Vanna!"

How fun is that!!! The cupboards are going to be even grander with a little Nines-and-Bill-ing!

Happy day!!!

Cindy said...

Everyone needs a little "Vanna" in their lives...LOL

Oh my, you not only have a Vanna, you'll have LOTS more storage too. What a great guy.

teelduo said...

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vanna is really doing a great job! LOL

Isobel said...

You enjoy all those cabinets. I know that you have enough of the 'Brady' genes in you that will help you stuff all those cabinets.

Sarah said...

Wow! You are gonna have a ton of space! Can't wait to see the whole room.

Miss you!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.