Saturday, April 25, 2009





Spring!
Finally!! The weather has been so gorgeous for three whole days! The boys are feeling the weather is warm enough to go barefoot- or wear flipflops. I am tired of nagging them to put their shoes on. It's their feet, afterall. The liitle ones are asking every five minutes if they can play in the hose- I put my foot down on that one! A warm breeze does not make a summer!

This quilt is finally finished. I pieced it from scraps from a previous quilt several years ago. And then I found the perfect backing for it- a very good quality sheet from a thrift shop- it had hand made lace on the edge- which I salvaged, of course. It was a lovely leaf green. So I put it on the frame and got it done lickety split. This one goes into Jacob(16y) stash. He loves green and blue together.

I have a little project to do next- a quilt made from paintstiks- all leaves. That'll be fun, I hope. You never know.




The prairie is looking so peaceful- waiting to warm up. Notice how the sky looks like the fields. The same rows...

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I am loving this blue and green quilt! reminds me of the beach!

Glad spring has finally made it that far north. It is already getting HOT here! Today it was 87.

Love you!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

It's nice thinking about those child-stashes,,,,

Darcie said...

Ohmyheavens!!! Jacob is a fortunate young man! That quilt is a work of true art. LOVE THE SUPERB QUILTING!!! Yowzers.

Love the prairie (quilts) scene! Magnificent colors! Just the faintest of blues, greys, toasty beiges...and then all kinds of green. And the deep, rich coffee brown of the tree bark. Sounds and looks like inspiration for another quilt, doesn't it?

Love ya, sista!

Unknown said...

Lovely green and blue combination - like tropical waters

Julia said...

Look how green your grass is! Beautiful!

That quilt is stunning!

Isobel said...

Just lovely...both the quilt and the toes. I quilted a laptop size on my machine and I felt a tiny spurt of envy for your quilter. If I do not recover enough to carve again, I may consider selling my tools and investing or it may just be a pipe dream.

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Love those colors! And the quilting pattern--awesome!