Thursday, September 10, 2009












Prairie happenings...
Not much going on, just the usual pace of things. It's blanket weather here on the prairie and the children seem to be enjoying a good snuggle under the minkie. This is my neice, Rosemary. Isn't she a sight? Their baby is due any day now and we are all trying to be patient and wait on His good time. Isaac already loves his great aunt Nines- he will kick and squirm whenever we have a good conversation. Paul is annoyed at me for taking a picture of him, sick. But he's so cute... Asthma is a bummer in the Fall. The cooler weather is stirring in me the need to crochet more. So I have made quite a few new doilies. This is my new favorite. And the quilt block is a round robin started by Sandy and I. She made the middle block and I put on the rest. Tomorrow we switch off and I'll make a row around hers and she'll do the same for mine. All in all, a lovely life.

4 comments:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Your sweet life never lacks variety! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Julie in the Barn said...

Yes, a sweet life indeed. The doilies are lovely. I do know how to crochet, Great Aunt Elsie taught me over 50 years ago. But my fingers aren't as nimble now. Isaac is a beautiful name. Tell him welcome from me when he gets here!

Karen said...

The round robin certainly has an interesting start.
I haven't crocheted a doily in years. The first one I ever made was when I was 17. I followed the directions but it turned out table cloth size. I never did figure that one out. Maybe it was the size of thread I used.

teelduo said...

Love the quilt block, the little ones are too cute, Poor Paul but remember he doesn't have allergies (giggle), and WHOA on Rosemary. Told her she would get bigger. giggle

love you sis