Thursday, March 25, 2010




cinnamon coffee biscuits...

These are son, Jacob's, biscuits. Boy are they good! He makes them like you would regular bisuits and then rolls out the dough, spreads butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and instant coffee on it. Rolls the dough up, slices it and bakes in a cast iron pan. Did I mention how good they are? His glaze is very tasty, too, with coffee in it. Notice the theme. The kid is crazy for coffee. Mom, not so much, but these I like. He even has a recipe that he is dying to try for expresso soap. No kidding. Apparently, the skin absorbs caffeine even more than the tummy does. Just having trouble locating the lye. Weird.

Haven't been sewing any since I've been home- I have picked up a nasty cough and it is getting in the way of my sleep. And when Nines is sleep deprived... it just ain't pretty. That's all I'm sayin'. Hope everyone is having a great week.

5 comments:

Isobel said...

I cam sympathize with anyone who is sleep deprived. Periodically I get these little nerve spasms in my foot (something to do with that familial neuropathy I have) and they occur about every 15 seconds for about 48 hours. I slept 3 hours Saturday night before they woke me up and no sleep until Monday night. Takes a long time to catch up doesn't it.

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Yum, Yum! ... and just when I was patting my back for curbing my appetite today :) Sorry about the hacky cough; hope you get some rest soon!

Sarah said...

Since I am not a fan of coffee, I would rather have some of your cinnamon rolls!

Stay warm in that snow!

Love you!

Lynelle said...

The rolls look delish...as for the lye, try looking at one of the larger home improvement stores. You'll find it on the aisle that has the drain cleaners. Just make sure it's 100% lye and has no other ingredients.

Darcie said...

Oh. My. Heavens. Will Jacob promise to make me these when I visit?! Oh. My. I'm drooling.

I have a lotion that has coffee as one of the ingredients. Very cool, eh?! Let me know if he gets the soap made up. I'd love to buy a few cups...I mean, bars. hehehe

Love and giggles. Hope you're better!