Tuesday, March 23, 2010


And the winner is...
Sarah N.!!!! Who needs another quilt like she needs another hole in the head, but that's the name that Abe drew so we're gonna stick with it. No need to send me your address- I'll just send it along with your birthday blocks. Lucky duck. This was so much fun I may need to do it more often.
We had a bittersweet time in Alabama. Time spent with our son, Joe, and his lovely bride is always sweet. Donna and Wes were wonderful hosts even though they were having a very difficult time with the approaching death of a dear friend and sister. She passed away the last night we were there and know they are just heartbroken even though we have the confidence of her arriving on the other side rejoicing. Our loss, her gain. Abraham did a fine job at the wedding even though he was pale as a ghost and we had a few nervous moments that he was gonna pass out- he had some kind of illness badgering him as he had a fever. But all is well, now. He is out enjoying the sunshine and feeling just fine, now. Well, I still need to unpack- what fun. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Thanks for making the drawing such fun for me!

4 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

congrats Sarah - hopefully your little spools will brighten your day fomr being sick recently ;)

HOpe you are feeling better... and thanks Nines for the fun giveaway!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Sarah said...

Yay!!!! But I want to sign up for personal home delivery please! Please??? PLEASE!!!!

Miss you and love you!

Sarah said...

And tell Abe he did a wonderful job. And I will pay him his bribe later! Love you!

Isobel said...

Woe is me...I didn't win, but I know a very nice person did. Tell Abe I love him even is he didn't draw my name.